Through this type of training, students can progress by allowing the time and space for the principles to develop within.
The only prerequisite to attending is an open attitude. Beginners are Welcome!
Taught by Paul Renall, it will be in English with possible translation into Czech.
SUMMER WORKSHOP – Wednesday 12th July – Sunday 16th July
– 8.30-11.00 Relaxing Exercises, Standing Postures, 37 Posture Form.
– 11.00-11.30 Master Huang Refined Simplified Form.
– 17.00-19.00 Partner Work.
– 19.00-20.00 Sword Form
- Five Days – 150 euro (3,800 Kc)
- Whole day – 35 euro (900 Kc)
- Half day – 20 euro (500 Kc)
- Partner Work Workshop – 80 euro (2000 Kc). If only interested in coming to the Partner Work part of the Workshop.
Please register on the following page;
For further detailed information about the Taiji Summer Workshop please contact us.
– Practice of the 5 Basic Relaxing Exercises.
– Focus on one exercise per day.
– Develop integrity of the body and focus and stillness of the mind
– Practice of the 37 Posture Short Form
– Everyday we will practice the whole form.
– Explanation and practice of a small part of the form everyday.
– Testing the structure of our Form with a partner providing resistance.
Refined Simplified Form
– Practice the Master Huang Form.
– Focus on one part of the Form everyday.
– Develop skills that will keep you healthy
– Increase your body awareness
– Explore how you function under stress
– Learn practical, healthy ways to overcome adversity
– Discover self confidence
– Depending on the level of the students, we will split the class
– Going through the whole form (depending on students level)
– Focus on one part of the form everyday
– Working with a partner providing resistance
– Partner work exercises with the Sword
The Trainings will take place at Letna Park in Central Prague.
The morning trainings will be in a slightly different location than the afternoon trainings.
When it is Wet the trainings will take place at Arha Studio.
Please see the Map
Please check the schedule below to see where the training’s will take place!!!
WED 12 THU 13 FRI 14 SAT 15 SUN 16
MORNING P P P P P
EVENING P P P P P
P = Park, A = Arha
Students look after themselves in regards to meals, but there is nothing to fear as Prague has an excellent and very reasonable selection of Vegetarian, Vegan and Raw food restaurants. For usually less than 200 Kc ( 8 euro) a restaurant will offer at least one “menu” choice (lunchtime special) for the midday meal. Some of the Prague based students are fantastic cooks and have a lot of knowledge about food. For the most up to date knowledge about restaurants the best person to ask is Ivan.
During the morning training sessions, we encourage students to bring something small for them to eat as the training goes for over 3 hours.
Students arrange accommodation by themselves.
Letna Park is located in Prague 7, walking distance to centre of Prague.
Studio Arha is located in Prague 6, which is three metro stations from the Old Town centre of Prague.
July and August is the best time for the cheap accommodation in Prague because university hostels offer thousands of beds as accommodation for tourists.
Prague has an extensive and very efficient public transport system. The buses, trams and metro are very user-friendly and relatively cheap.
Single trip tickets
– 30 min, 30 Kc
– 90 min, 40 Kc
– 24 hour pass, 120 Kc
– 3 day pass (72 hour), 330 Kc